Sunday, February 1, 2009

Electric Counter-top Hibachi

I had my eye out for a good electric counter-top hibachi for some time now. The other day I happened to be walking past the second-hand store. Lo and Behold, there in the window was the deal I was looking for. The tag said 3 bucks. I couldn't argue.

The unit I have two temperature settings. "Broil", and "Keep Warm. I found the cooking surface large enough to accommodate 4 T-Bones. The grill is kinda flimsy, but it'll do for now. The splash pan is aluminum. I don't recommend aluminum as a cooking or eating utility. I don't even recommend it for food storage. The splash pan never comes in contact with the food, so there is no probability of poisoning.

There is no brand name on the unit. I call it "Counter-top Grill".

I knew there was a pork chop thawing in the fridge. Good test subject. A pork chop and 4 smoked sausages that were still frozen.
The chop was tender and juicy, and the sausages finished without exploding, or the cover burned off. I used the grill again tonight to broil a steak. I like my steak a little well done on the outside, and red rare in the middle. I also roasted some vegetables on skewers. The performance of the Counter-top Grill past review with flying colors.

Overall, I'm glad to have it. I recommend that everyone have one.

Hobbs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The grill sounds like a real deal.