Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dad's 59' Ford Country Sedan


The whole family fit. At the time, there was mom and dad, me, my 4 brothers, and one sister. We all fit. The AM radio buzzed in the vicinity of electric farm fences. It had a 352 engine with a big honkin' 4-barrel. I believed that car could haul the entire world. I remember it went like a bat outa hell. Red, with a White
hood and side panels. The rear window opened up on a hinge.
I haven't seen one that has had custom work done on it, Wheels, tires, replace the engine with a nicely printed and balanced engine, a compatible transmission, tune the suspension, add some ammenities to the interior.

1959 Ford Country Squire




4 comments:

Hobbs Bodine said...

It's actually a 1958 Ford. I screwed up.

Hobbs Bodine said...

This is the only '58 Ford Country Sedan that I've seen with custom work done on it, such as wheels, suspension, exhaust, drive train in general. All have been replaced with current specs. This is not a restored vehicle.

Unknown said...

nice rod, Sparky. I bet it really turns heads as it flashes down the road.

Faxation

Hobbs Bodine said...

Picture this car at The A&W loaded with kids wanting frozen custard cones. That isn't the car in the picture, but it could have been.

Hobbs